Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Tuesday Morning, bad news I was up first, which means the other two have overslept. Sounds of panic ensue, now its all gone strangely quiet. I was up till gone 4, I couldn't sleep my head was whizzing with loads of thoughts. I have been on a bit of a high since yesterday.
Well I suppose you lot want a result from yesterday - I couldn't help myself I've told some people already (but I know who they are, mum, Allys friends, Cozzie, mum, Frank the barber,Nan,Ruth, Paul, Tommy, mike and Jane, Phil, jenny and Vaughan, Mary and john, Bea (mother-in-law), woman on car park at Bridge chapel). Everyone was so positive it got me wound right up in a positive frenzy - hence not sleeping.
Anyway the competition was fun 12 entries ranging from 19 pounds to 65 pounds.
Well the result was a whopping 28.4 kg (also expressed as 62.4 pounds, 4and a half stones, more than half a hundred weight (a big sack of spuds) 28 bags of sugar), in less than 6 weeks. It wont always be this dramatic but I am well chuffed.
The winner was Marta from New York state, she did have the same op as me one day later (how will I get that wine there) she guessed 65pounds, but as she has an unfair advantage I am awarding a prize to Tommy McDonough with his next nearest guess of 48 pounds. Tommy give me a call and come and get your prize.
Meanwhile I am made up!

No comments: