Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Tuesday am

Well pleased with a moral victory last night. I had some toast - and kept in down with no discomfort. Granted it was only about 1 inch square but it is in me now. It was delicious beyond description. Maybe a shift in the diet required. The diet sheet says "tinned meat" - 1 slice I wonder what that means. We don't do tinned meat here now. It was a seventies thing I think. Ye old oak ham big pink and covered in jelly, very popular in Christmas hampers. Spam - in a blue and yellow can of course. Plus of course pork luncheon meat and chopped ham with pork - plumrose I think. I think Tesco deli counter has put paid to all them, what a snob I have become. I shall investigate at Tesco this PM. It'll be the aisle with the old folk in, buying stardrops, robin starch, hair clips, nylons, condensed milk and firelighters, that's all we eat in the 70's. I have just checked my calorie book and Spam isn't in, but chopped ham and pork is 23% fat and therefore not a good idea.(note the cunning way I slipped in news of my Collins Gem Calorie Counter -behaviour change or what).

No comments: