Friday, October 25, 2002

Friday Afternoon

Lot of vomit around yesterday, think I am going through one of those patches when I can't hold down anything. Still don't worry -I'm not. Kieran the librarian from Hammy House came to see me, I don't think he would object if I described him as eccentric (or loopy). See his blog for incontrovertible proof. He is a top man however, and a librarian can be a really useful ally. We talked about life the universe and everything for about an hour. The evening was pretty unremarkable, just TV and feeling sick for me. We were supposed to be at the cricket club quiz but it was cancelled, (I wasn't fit anyway).
Friday morning and its an early start to get to the hospital. The girls have gone off to the Trafford Centre supposedly for Christmas shopping, we'll see. The clinic was busy and for the first time I wasn't the biggest guy there, in fact I felt a bit like a successful graduate, returning to his old school. I have been going for nearly three years and I always see Dr Mackean - so today I took him a bottle of wine as a thank you. I was weighed, down again 34.75kg down from the op. 76.5 pounds, that's five and a half stone lost in 7 weeks 2 days, that feels good. I stationed myself outside Dr Mc's room and started to get perturbed when people who arrived after me start going in before me. I was just about to complain when I am called into another room, to see a consultant Dr Pink...something. A very nice chap and accompanied by a colleague and three students. He seemed please and brought Dr Mackean in to see me.

No comments: