Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Tuesday one lazy day. Wednesday – Active but eating.

I am knackered I pull myself out of bed about 9.15. A bit dazed and
confused examine the inbox on my pc and drink tea. Jean had woken me
to medicate me before leaving for work. I forget my pills habitually,
that's a feature I shall be working on over the next few days. So
that's the regime –
Sodium valproate
Fluoxetine
Forceval
Zoton.

Only two of them cause me to gain weight. Deep joy. So mens health
week whats the plan. I enjoyed several excesses at the weekend cmon
lads it was my holiday. No ale till the weekend and exercise,
exercise, exercise. But today I chill catch up with a few essential
communications, mum, sister, Andrew, emails, and chill. So lunch trot
up for a chicken salad on brown from simply coffee no fresh food in
the house.
Off to the Asda to get prints printed from London. Go the one at the
sefton park site on the former sefton general opposite the Aldi which
was a school where Ian Banks once taught. All supermarkets in
Liverpool used to be something. Asda hunts cross was standard triumph,
Tesco allerton was quarrybank where john lennon went and tesco woolton
was the Bear Brand (nylons factory).
I suppose everywhere was something else once.
So after I have gone back to the house for my wallet I put the CD in
for 115 prints and do a bit of a shop. I spend too much time on
labels. But I aim to look for <5% fat as the general. That's the plan,
it's the fat that tastes good though – although a dietitian once told
me it was more about "mouth feel" that made sense.
I get 4 meals for the week ahead and then off to my mums. My mum is 75
tactless loud blunt and rude. She has liver failure, heart failure,
type II diabetes, a pacemaker aand idiopathic thrombocytopenic
purpura. But apart from that shes sound. She delivers food with
alarming frequency and amount. We love her. She is made up with the
teatowel chocolates and dog sweets. They are for Sue the shitzu who
has been her constant companion since my dad died.
Then home serve up a chicken salad for Jean after shes had a kip. Goes
down well. Then we are off to mother in laws to dispense tales of
London and gifts. Home trash telly and early night.

So up early self medicate need to get Ally to appointment. Traffic
terrible. Planned internet café doesn't work – its turned into a curry
house. So nip to Costa coffee for tall black Americano, buy new pair
of walking boots. First pair I have ever owned. I am chuffed, they
wont be taking me to Ben Nevis but I am pleased. Then off to the Ladt
Lever Art Gallery which is located in the model village of port
sunlight. Third art gallery in my life – second in a week. Then off
for a nostalgic visit to New Brighton. A sort of Blackpool with the
last bit of life squeezed out. We trot along the prom the sun comes
out and then its in to the seaside café for fish and chip special.
Don't eat it all but the fish was cracking. We decide to walk out to
the river and a beach is now there, I don't remember that. The Mersey
looks better and the waterfront is much improved we walk a long way
and watch the beach patrol practising setting off maroons (which are
orange not purple). Then home via tunnel and mess on net with Andrew –
sort a problem which was evading us and it was an easy answer. Tea is
a three handed thing Ally has Cajun chicken, Jean lemon chicken and my
gammon and mustard. After tea we trot for a brisk walk around Sefton
Park and decide we will do the 10k walk in July.

No comments: