Saturday, June 25, 2005

Nice clean boy

Up in good order this mornin off to LA fitness for my free go. This is my first time in a lycra gym. The place seems dead which is good news - though the car park is chocca. I am 2 minutes late. Sit in a reception that seems flash Get a free bottle of LA water. Purple is the theme - Lynsey arrives and shows me round. A nice pool, steam room and sauna.Then into the gym, quick look at the spin suite where a muscular lady is barking orders over a headset to several less muscular ladies. There is a big studio with mirrored walls with over 45 classes a week. Then upstairs to discuss filthy money. I spy a pc in the caff, ah its that internet access for members, no she snaps. Seems many things are going to improve soon. Its cheaper than I think after she hears I am a student and you get special discount. 32 sovs a month. Dont know what I pay. I need to make a medical declaration oh no - confidentiality up the swannee - hope he doesnt know that one of the drugs I am on is also an anticonvulsant. Off into the gym, its good I do a good treadmill and there are several large screen tellies, sky sport, sky news, ITN 24 and a music channel. I listen to my little mp3 it does me.
I try many of the machines its all technogym stuff but they don use the key driven stuff that Greenbank does - I manage to knock together something that approximates my usual weights, and do my best to avoid this glute machine (medieaval torture), maily coz I couldnt work out how to get in it.
First shower, then sauna, shower 2, steam room, shower 3, jacuzzi, steam room, shower 4, sauna, shower 5, jacuzzi, cold shower 6, then soapy shower in the changing room which has too many tellies and mirrors for me. Manage to natter to three members 2 negative about the club main criticisms? Staff turnover, staff presence and knowledge and cleanliness in the facilities. One guy is positive, but I suspect he is a paid plant. So refreshed I head back to Greenbank, greeted warmly by Jack my guru and training inspiration. Tars gym is his two word verdict on hearing my report. Still he bemoans Greenbanks lack of pool and steam sauna etc. Bowl of celery soup there I am reluctant as celery is an abomination in its raw form, chef insists it doesnt taste like raw celery. I taste it, its good and I enjoy it.
Off home and chill messing with rabbit and sorting washing. Off to Ma in laws. Watch ladder 49 with Jean it makes her cry.

No comments: