Saturday, June 11, 2005

915 pendolino

So wake up at a ridiculously early time, on to the PC. Check emails, the site see geek boy has been busy. Jean does the packing we have money and pills, anything else you can buy. Get a taxi to lime street, grab an americano at costa coffee. Then I decide to check that Virgin still have guards vans or at least a space I can stash the folding table top display. No way says the young boy, let's have a look at it says the old lag. No sweat I'll open the back door for you. Top service I get to see where the driver goes and a bit of luggage space they don't tell peeps about.
We decide to uprage to first for 15 squid and despite the lack of trolley service, it was a good move.
I vividly recall having to use the disabled passenger assistance a few years ago, they were nice but it pained me. Being wedged in a seat for three hours isn't good. Your fellow travellers seem less than keen to sit near you and you take the aisle seat and get bumped and kicked all the way to London.
Its a delight to travel with my wife and we qare in stafford quick stix. Leaving the kit with her I go for a celebratory pee on the train. I haven't used a train bog since I got stuck in the door of one 5 years ago. A very ripped shirt was the result and a very red face. The walk to the train used to near kill me and the sweat used to mean a shower and a change of clothes in the first class lounge at Euston.
After a bog stop along to a coach c for my compimentary light refreshments. Barely potable coffee and clotted cream shortbreads. Jean sleeps I blog, and listen to mp3's

No comments: