Saturday, June 11, 2005

Reading the background

So as prepared as I ever I read the stuff sent to me by maggie the conference organiser. Tells me where to go an what to do. Not quite clear what I am supposed to say, Ian Banks from the mhf told me to speak for 2 mins on who I am and my aspirations for the treatment of male obesity. He seems like a funny bloke. His claim to fame is he installed the traffic lights at ullet road/smithdown road.
The background reading is good and I enjoy it more because it says embnargoed on top. As a security measure I close one eye. I am surprisingy relaxed on this journey, by this point I am usually in a panic about going to the city.
I come from Garston the Liverpool equivalent of Hobbiton. This is like going to minas tirith. For me. I didn't stay in a hotel till the night I got married and I still feel a sense of awe and wonder when travelling anywhere. BTW if any of the family are reading I know mum and dad claim it was allerton but bad news we were conned.
I surprise jean by doing both refreshment runs - the freedom to be able to move down a space which mentally seems impassable is a feeling of joy inexpicable.
So now we bag up what we need en route, which will go in the back pack and what can go in the laptop bag to be left with the concierge.
Free range egg mayo butty, low cal (less than 350 and 5.5% fat).

No comments: