Sunday, June 26, 2005

Saturday- lunch out

Off to Penny Lane with Ally  by bus - grumpy old lady at the bustop recognises me from the telly. Bad news is she thinks I went to weigghtwatchers. Turns out she knows my mum and the manager at the bank were I had my first job. I worry that she is a geriatric stalker. We are dissapointed that the ark is no longer open at lunchtimes. Our search for moules frites seems fruitless. We wander along Allerton Road and stumble upon Spoon - so new it doesnt have a website. We opt for moules frites, cooked with garlic parsley  and sweet chilli.  Top stuff follow it  up with shared panacotta.Cool.
Then over to petshop Ally scoots to town and I trot up Green Lane. Hay is large. Play on PC while Jean kips. Tea is a takeaway from the Great wall. Ok ish. Grandma was round some Scots lad gets beat at wimbledon and suddenly tennis is british.

No comments: