Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sunday We are a Grandfather

It dawns on me that Ally is a parent therefore I am Shakeys Grandad. I feel the need for a tweed jacket and a pocket full of werthers. I never had a grandad - always something I considered a shame. Today is fathers day - the girls have bought me a DVD Ladder49
I am a sucker for anything to do fire engines. A box of chocs (small) and made for sharing. I idly fart on the PC in the morning. We breakfast outside together and I relate tales of our early parenting to Ally. She is thinking she aint doing well with the rabbit - I told her first night we got her home from hospital we both sat and cried on the couch coz we didnt know what we going to do. Ally is the brightest most shining thing in my life. I am so proud of her she is sharp and her incisive mind and wit will take her far. She wont be reading this she blogs and I am not allowed to visit hers and she cant be bothered to read mine. She prefers My Boyfriend is a ... and petit anglais. After breakfast I reflect on my dad and how I miss him and the way in which he he died prevented him from communicating at the end. I get quite tearful about that, after which I feel strangely settled. Jeans off to the crem to remember her Dad and Ally is with her. I suggest to Ally we scoot to the other crem to see where my dads ashes are.
Lunch is fishfingers on a butty. I cant finish all the bread. Been a chore migrating to new computer but the email bit is done. Makes a change to not be using a PC that hangs at least thrice a day.
Have a good discussion re work required on the site.

No comments: