Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Kens Mens Health Week

Monday starts with the healthy brek.
In the mens health forum delegate bag was a  leaflet on The Kellogs Great Walk 10k amble round Calderstones. I cant recall walking 10k in one go. Then a piece of fruit mid morning and a brisk walk to the gym 2.1 miles I hear - then weights and 10 mins on the rower - I started 4 weeks ago on 2 mins so I am pleased with my progress. Then back home at a more leisurely pace via greengrocer (spanish cherries) and fishmonger. I start off fancying crawfish tails but discuss crab options. I have only ever done dressed which is fab. How easy is it to prepare I ask? Easy peasy says the man I'll open it for you and remove the gills the rest you can eat. Ok how much 4 squidish says he. Bit pricey for luch but for 21% protein it sounds like a deal. Male or female says he? Difference female has more brown meat. Lady crab it is I hitch it to my back pack for fear of whiff contamination then its along allerton road Big Ish chat and trot up green lane. Feel goosed when I get in. Sit in garden in glorious sun armed with nutcracker, skewer, teaspoon, shirt off and dive in. Any food that is so hard to eat gotta be a good deal. It was delicious. Alls was missing was Jean french quayside and something white french and chilled.
Relax further in garden celebrating my 5 load washing victory. (Result). Girls arrive home Ally in to Shakespeare who I have interacted with regularly.
Jean chills resting. Eat later mince (less than 5% fat) with tomato italian thing. The girls do pasta- I go for tortilla.
Then off for brisk two mile walk with Jean Was good but we pass too many eateries and bars on allerton road. Up green lane with deja vu.
Home and feet are killing. Only need one sleeping pill for a change.

No comments: