Saturday, September 23, 2006

Thursday continued.

Felicity used to work for NOF now she's a big cheese in the world cancer research fund. She showed a video spoke and gave us some group work. I had considered some group work for my own session and on reflection leaving it out may have been the right choice. Always difficult but my view is better used if you have been booked for a days gig and to stop people dying from listening to one voice for too long. I guess my view is they booked me they should hear me unless it some touchy feely experiential stuff. Spend three years living with 100kg extra body weight and report back in 20 years now you know how I feel - my arse. Be intereted to see the feedback on the thursday. Thursday afternoon was largelyy Ian campbell who after a touching doff to me Ken clare who done more than any one person for bariatric patients in the UK. He then did a presentatiopn which was sharp and in parts funny. He's obviously doing after dinner gigs he did proper jokes with punchlines (like me dad). He gave good value and took a provocative stance with some audience members. The complementary therapist section. Finished after 5 aqnd back for a brisk walk with Rebacca to the hotel. Her and charlie are staying at the Peartree guest house 25 notes a head. She is a good sort she ids definitely a dieitian and is in possesion of a good sense of humour. She lent me her pendrive but mine had been found by the maid and put on the dressing table so I started to get my act in order. After much thinking and a shower I managed to get 4 slides done before it wasw to go to the pub. A diet coke and a curry for 4.95 and 2 paps it was edible (v.nice actually) a water then home and finished off my presentation (almost) I said hello to the resident complementary therapist before retiring (miranda I think). Slept like a log.

No comments: