Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Flight to NY

We queued fo a bit but Jane worked some magic. The security stuff took ages and we ended up legging to the gate (19) I think. Was sweaty and breathless on arrival. The aircraft was a 747-400 we were in seats 49 A and B opposite the stewardesses and next to the exit. Telly screens didnt work for the first couple of hours and refusing drinks was hard but the water was good. I thought it was tight for the belt but did bette when I took the loop from under m bum. Had pretzels, then meal was chicken pasta sauce salad bun choc mousee and coffee. Lady next to me celebrated by throwing her red wine over my leg. She subsequently burst into tears and was consoled by the cabn crew I immediatly was villefied for possessing the offending leg. As a consolation prize I was offered a first class sleeping suit (large) which I was feared to wear in case it didnt fit. I also thought I have scored some Jimmys for Ally. the flight passed quicker than I thought we talked a lot about a whole lot of stuff. Jane watched a film I watched Dr who, she had a kip I played with the seat console game thing. It has a thing which shows you where you are on your journey. It was cool it first told me I was over newfoundland and hen labrador sod me I thought its crufts turn left at the shitzu and you are home. We had a nice talk to the crew and then landed in the peeing down rain got through immigration customs and baggage surprisingly quickly. There was a huge queue for taxis so we ended up negotiating a shady deal with a geezer with a people carrier from trinidad. Fifty bucks so pretty cool, traffic was the pits found the hotel aftr the geezer rang it. English speakers seemed at a premium.

No comments: