Saturday, September 02, 2006

Reflecting on a big week

Been busy and big stuff. So much of which I either can't or don't want to share with both my readers right now. Suppose it would be easier to talk about the stuff I can share. Frank has changed my meds and I seem over sedated (his aim). I wander round in a semi stuporous state waking only to remember to go to sleep. He wanted me to hibernate me I chose to carry on with life at bare essential level. The stress for jean and ally is palpable. So what's happened. This morning I wake up on atrain bound for Nottingham its for a meeting of the committee and the mods. I haven't completed everything I planned but will seek help.
Projects :- the american gig. Its luike d-day everyone knows I am coming who knows when? I have spoken to andi and the other mentorn person who's name escapes me. She's aussie and seems a great laff, far more straight forward then my previous contact there. Anyway tuesday I think.
Review of a publication done which I can't tell you about (non disclosure agreement).
Discussion with an agent (not mine) I have not got nor plan to get an agent.
Meeting with a publisher in September.
Been appointed NW co-rdinator of PiF. Patient Information Forum. Good bunch and may lead to some gigs.
Meeting to discuss roles in bariatric team at abbey sefton when everyone back.
Starting MSc at Chester in September, got a gig on the course as visiting lecturer too.
National Obesity Forum meeting coming up. Followed by AGM of the charity.
Jeans in london for a week before NOF and I am going down on the friday we will catch a play she will come back sunday. I have booked jurys gt russell street. Where the NOF gig is and near the British museum. So once again my busiest three months of the year looms.
So focussing in at home and on the last week.
Got home sunday. No results, bank holiday monday. Tuesday no results. Rang st hildas who were holding them to ransom for 4.50 despite the fact they knew she was coming back and the librarian said t was cool. She was probably an anarchist library grpaaduate like Loopy boy.
I dived in a cab got them and brought them home. Been reported on but
3A's
6A's
1B
Is worth saying again.
Work wednesday, domestics a bit of a mess. Shopping and catering down to me so we end up with badly timed chicken and a ready meal fest a take away looms in there somewhere. Ended up double lasagne and veggie canneloni yesterday, I irradated a marfona for ally and we binned the canneloni, too much bechamel. To be fair the rusticella finest garlic bread was the highlight.
Had heaps of post to sort and appointments.
Post:-
Solicitors and bank/mortgage poop
Stuff from Granada
Mags - private eye, BJOT, nursing standard, the tract (RCN rag about guts). Obesity surgery.
RCN president and dep president, I voted for the two people I had met before. (My guiding principle in election methodology). Mike Travis from Alder Hey and Necylyn who was on the panel when I won nurse of the year.
Took Friday off I was too goosed to work. Caught up with some important calls, shot down to grenbank and sorted out the AGM and the rest of the NW meets for the year.
So here I am on a train to Nottingham barely awake. Passed through the Liverpool stations hunts cross, widnes, warrington birchwood two manchesters headed for stockport sheffield chesterfield, alfreton, nottingham.
The first bit of the journey was acutely familiar as I made it often once a week when I started nursing 27 years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh...You passed through Alfreton. A huge treat for you, my home town.