Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday in work

Fell behind in a dreamy state and subsequently a bit late. Caught up with the pre-op assesment people and the post op peeps from the weekend. Realised how deeply priveliged I am to find myself in a job like this. See a guy for whom a few months has made a huge difference - makes it all worthwhile. Do a bit of hands on type nursing (not that the ward staff would have noticed) it was more fevered brow and comfort type jobbie). It made me realise what a state I was in with the peritonitis, when I was in pain spaced out on morphine and feeling alone and scared. Caught up with people and did some phone calls. Meeting a lady from http://www.huntleigh-healthcare.co.uk/deep_vein_thrombosis.html here tomorrow. She is fortuitously in Aintree anyway. Need to catch up with Sarah about laminates and slideshow and leaflets. Spoke to Andi from Mentorn top woman. Spoke to jane whi is completely barking but inspirational and motivating on several levels. I was reduced to tears when I told her I wouldnt have made the New York trip without her. I was crapping myself 96% of the time - she said I looked confident -being obese makes you a good liar - and I could always project well. Tomorrow is Lesley and Louises birthday and yesterday Davinia dropped the sprog. I didnt show enough interest but was allowed off the hook on "bloke" factor.
After a drive home wit an ex tank transporter driver from gulf war I I jump the 173 to Penny Lane for http://www.ageconcern.org.uk/AgeConcern/lennon_4.asp adele to trim my silver locks. Then off to a card shop and a quick bit of present shoppping. Home via the 68 and the pasta mince tea. Quick call to mum and sit on bum helping(hindering) Ally with French homework.
We ruminate as a family on a topic of family interest - tossers keep ringing our house asking if we are Ryanair - no we are not?? the tosserific answer is "Are you sure?"(I shit you not). I have started answering queries logging complaints and booking seats. So if you think you have got 12A on the 20.05 from Liverpool to Grenoble on Nov 21 I am sorry, but you were so gullible. I also apologise to the man whose complaint led to him being upgraded to "emerald" status on every flight (free murphys crisps and baileys) but the serial number CB1664 should have been a give away. CB is a code phrase used by customer service departments everywhere for their special customers. Yes it does mean "crying bastard" look out for it for everytime you complain. Check the serial number on your harvester or little chef gift vouchersyou got in response to the complaint - I mean what sort of Alien buys someone they like little chef vouchers for birthdays. (Apologies in advance to Louise and Lesley).

No comments: