Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hospital Opticians and Food

Start the day as usual catching up with people. Andrew is going home (well to Scotland) I need to get his bag up to him. Shoot to Aintree Retail Park to get a carry thing for Shakespeare the rabbit. He hasn’t showered yet so I kill some time there. Need a pee and food – in the desert it means McD’s. Pee ok meal deal chicken sandwich water and side salad not. Yuk but fills. Walk back to car then on Maplins for a mooch and sports shop. Stay longer than I thought but when we talk it can on for hours. Bully him about walking – felt a bit pooh about it but hey. Then home and off to the optician Allys in town. Check out some new glasses and sunnies. Optician asked me how I got on – he looks bothered when I say I haven’t been to docs. So I pick the letter up. Jean seems more worried than me so I am worried.Home Jean kips we go out.

A pint in Yates it was appalling Boddies draft flow cream crap. The noise is horrific we scoot to spoon.

Nice table upstairs, nice waiter good welcome complimentary bread (three types and tapenade (not for me).

A round of  beers coke for Jane –

A nice pinot grigio and a south African shiraz.

Starters Salad of scallops and squid with chilli and lime me, smoked haddock bacon quiche tart thing Mick, chargrilled asparagus and hollandaise Jane, gazpacho Jean.

Mains Jean steak and fat chips, Mick chicken tabbouleh and cous cous, Jane pork chop and goats cheese mash (looked yum) me a simple pan fried dover sole with broccoli and garlic butter and one of Jeans chips. Top stuff.

Them three have rich chocolate tart I was tempted by tiramisu but instead go for cheese (brie, smoked boy, sage derby and cheddar) and damsel biscuits.

Top meal 120 notes really enjoyed would recommend.

We touched on my health but diversion seemed best plan (ostrich strikes again). Its Micks birthday today so we bought him http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002VF5VG/202-4906159-7735026 and me and him being sad old gits watch as much as we can.

 

 

No comments: