Sunday, July 10, 2005

Feelin kinda better

Saturday  had a good talk with Ally - busy getting ready for visitors I mess about getting stuff sorted for the tip run. Nip to see me ma and then to Tesco Ally comes home earlier than expected from party. Mess with Application sharing again with Andrew - content management and a ticking clock all moving us forward.
Andrew gives me a useful talking to on medicine compliance which leads to a download of this nifty tool for the pocket PC only gives you an hour to pop your stash other wise it marks it as missed and demands an explanation. I was ok with the twice a day dose but 4 times as a day has me reeling. I do all the head pills am or pm when Miss Ratched (Jean) is here to supervise. I started this Bipolar journey well against meds now I cling to them .  Its another gitty factor of this disease that at your illest you feel most well and feel least like complying. Had a discussion with a couple of people about ECT I was well against it but I really believe if Frank and Prof and Jean said it was the best thing I would have it. I figure if I could fight the decision I probably wouldnt need it. A reflection of my career involvement with ECT passes through my mind. The irony of a mental health service manager becoming a service user never fails to make me smile. I guess thats why I was always keen to ensure the patients got the best (sometimes to the indignation of the staff) I was proud to be seen as too much for the patients.

No comments: