Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Allys off Monday

She is deffo v.sick I look after her apart from a brief sojourn when I take a trip round Sefton Park with JK in training for the 10k walk, we exercise our mouths more than our legs. Quick Juice in Greenbank, Jack gives me a heap of stick (well deserved about lack of attendance.  Then home via Tescos. Chillington.at night.



Tuesday - Attending to Ally - nipped out to see Frank who dispenses wisdom as ever. Discuss a useful plan to control my drinking - then we discuss the merits of various bottled beers. All progresses well it seems. I am getting referred for CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) via the Mersey Care trust. It brings to me the realisation that the fear of relapse is actually disabling in itself. I discuss my guilt about claiming the care component of DLA. The form is a sod and the actual process of filling it in is so depressing intself. Frank tells me I should claim but I just cant get my head round the benefits culture. I suspect I may need to try harder. My DLA form is now complete apart from the section "more about the way your illness or disabilities affect you". Toy with the idea of publishing it here but it may be too sef revealing.
Strikes me the DLA form is more a test of prosaic ability than a reflection of your needs. Certainly the websites designed to help you fill suggest key phrases and "buttons" to press.
Off to cell group in the evening during the reflection time the though that if I hadnt had surgery in September 2002 I probably would have been dead now is a revelation.

No comments: