Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Monday - a day I wasnt looking forward too.

Its the PCT's lunch for 25 years service in the NHS. I felt odd about going whilst on the sick. Reassured. Met a few familiar faces in the bar and very pleasant. Seated on Table 4 Jean is next to Beatrice our chair, I am next to Jean and adjacent to Peter West. Corporate services Director, pharmacist historically and bloody nice bloke. I guess he has been briefed about my status and is pleasant and supportive. We discuss the library I big up Kieran but there is no need - Kierans stock seems high. Impresssed me that Peters line on moving the library was let the experts take control. (Seems a good plan for a manager).
Its a reasonable meal crab cakes sea bass and cheesecake. Dry as per PCT policy, we hit the rat and parrot (pants) then M&S then Lloyds bar - Abbot Ale marginal improvement. Home and chill Talk to Andrew JK Fi. Much bunny fun with Shakespeare.
So all in all I was glad I only felt awkward twice when despite my healthy appearance I tell people I am planning to retire on ill health. The homophobic man on our table made only one reference to nutters so didnt disclose the reason for my retirement to him.

No comments: