Friday, November 01, 2002

Friday Morning

Up early - 7.20. I had a good day yesterday. Went to the gym in the morning. Got weighed, lost 5 kilos since last Friday, taking the total loss to 85lbs - Just a smidge over six stone. Jack, the gym manager seems pleased, its all going the right way. I met Mark from Central PCT on the way out of the gym, he said I look really well. I'd just done my workout and felt knakkered. Got home and helped Jean pack the car to go the tip. To be fair Jean did most of the loading, lifting things definitely causes me pain. On getting home I felt moved to brush the pavements outside the house. What a lively exercise that is . I had trouble getting the leaves into the bag, bending is not easy, Jean had to help me bag the leaves. Pat the old lady from next door - says that I look like a "proper man" now, I told her I had had a partial gastrectomy. She and her sister are in their nineties, though we don't know how exactly how old. I certainly have more energy now and feel warm and healthily tired afterwards. I did have trouble getting up the stairs afterwards but I put that down to stiffness. A quiet day today, I mean to try and build on my digestive success of yesterday - only one minor vomit. I think I still have to get on top of this.

No comments: