Wednesday, November 06, 2002

Wednesday AM

Yesterdays report:- Went to the gym, continue in my mission to come out to people as a weight loss surgery patient. Met a nice young girl called Kate who has just graduated as a nurse from the Local uni. She knows my mate Mike and says his lectures were always stimulating.. Picked mother up and took her to the planet costco. Strange place, heaving with humanity, I was taken over by the desire to buy products I didn't need, (also experienced in airport duty free shops). Fortunately I couldn't get much in the trolley as mum had filled it with every conceivable household product under the sun. At the checkout, the lady in front had bought hot chickens and they dripped onto the floor. In the ongoing saga of getting it cleaned up she slipped three pairs of tights from her trolley into her handbag. She went on to pay over 200 quid at the checkout, she looked very smart and well turned out, then I noticed her getting into the big black Merc that was illegally parked right outside the store. What's all that about. I don't have a clue.
I then took my mum to a pub on the riverfront called the Britannia. she attempted to buy a sandwich for her sugar (she is diabetic) but ended up with a caramel apple granny, a sort of apple pie with caramel on top (I long ago stopped trying to explain the diet thing to her). She then told everyone what a rip-off it was at 2.85, she really does expect (and often get) a three course meal for that. We played the one arm bandit till she had had enough, she doesn't understand them but loves it when money comes out of the bottom. By the end of this I was exhausted and headed home to watch ER on channel E4. Bad news cable box is broken can't get a tech till Thursday, woe is me. A busy day and retired early for a much needed rest.

No comments: