Monday, November 11, 2002

Monday Monday

Quiet day yesterday but major progress made on sorting out bedrooms, and returning the dining room to its normal function. Spoke to my Sister about the plan for Christmas Day, I think we may have a workable plan. No sickness at all yesterday, have I turned a corner? I had Mediterranean lamb shank and cauliflower for lunch.Heinz ravioli in a tin for my tea. I definitely have this desire to eat foods from my youth. I used to think spaghetti was a vegetable, when I was young. We always had it as an accompaniment to a main course. I was most shocked to find out that spaghetti was in fact a staple and that it was really almost 12 inches long. I think I may have to have pasta for tea tonight. Does anyone remember Vesta dishes? Mysteries in a box, dried meals in the seventies with pictures of their ingredients on the front of the packet with a numbered key. Paella was my favourite (only one pan), beef and chicken curries were tops too, though a bit much in the way of fruit for my taste. Chow mein was exciting, it had a tin of waterchestnuts, or bamboo shoots and a little packet of crispy noodles to fry. Vesta meals still available from here. How bizarre, Ally is not well today and is off sick. we are both gutted that the new star wars DVD hasn't arrived today as promised.

No comments: