Thursday, November 07, 2002

wednesdays report

Didn't do much college work - must get more disciplined. I concentrated my efforts on the physical - brushing up leaves from the garden and making the path safe at the front. I was bushed, but in a good sort of way. The man arrived with Ally's bed - self assembly (we don't like that do we) Jean and I managed it though - without any spare bolts left. I took a trip out to Winwick staff club for the quiz in the evening. It was strange being on licensed premises though I didn't like the smell of the beer. I used to really like the Tetley bitter there. I noticed a new product in there last night - Tetley bitter - extra cold, strange as one of the ways to ruin the tets was serve it too cold. The quiz was fun but too hard for someone memory challenged like me. Winwick was a large psychiatric institution 2500 patients, where I started my training in 1979. The main hospital has closed now and replaced with a small acute admissions unit. Its good to go back there and see old friends every now and again. Tony and Margaret the organisers do a sterling job every fortnight. I left early as my bed was calling, driving on the motorway was a bit strange, but the car seemed to enjoy it.

No comments: