Saturday, November 16, 2002

Saturday Morning

48 hours since the V word and feeling a lot more alive and positive in outlook. Went to the tip yesterday, and Jean picked up some stuff from Woolies on the way home.Tried to get a haircut but it was way too busy so contented myself with brushing leaves instead. I am becoming something of an expert now. Ali P called in the afternoon, good to see her she spoke a lot of sense - as usual. She is covering for me while I am away and that makes me feel better. Went off to pick my mum up from my nans where I was greeted with chaos. Nan has just bought one of these fancy adjustable beds, but she needs one cot side fitting to allow her to turn herself over. The firm have sent her the cot sides and fitting stuff and 50 quid to get someone to do it. Surely they should have a local engineer? So Paul my DIY proficient brother in law and I embark on trying to fix it. After studying the plans for 15 minutes I conclude its a straightforward job. Which was the kiss of death - the nuts were of a special locking type and were terrible to tighten. We return today with more tools. The Tivo helpline concluded I need a new gizmo, so I felt better I had set it up right. I shall get on to that today.

No comments: