Thursday, November 28, 2002

Thursday Teatime

The girls are downstairs eating fish and chips, part of our empty the freezer before Christmas campaign. I am staying out of the way till all evidence is gone. Before having my tasty soup. What a day today, got up late and required a change of plan. Went to get my mum and took her to costco. I was really pleased with my endurance pushing the trolley round. I spent £100 and didn't seem to get much. Got a couple of surprises for Al and one for Jean, and some bingo prizes for christmas night (don't ask- I'll say more nearer the time). Stopped of at ours on the way back then took Mummy home. Headed for the gym where I had a good workout - lost more weight total loss now at 105.7lbs (over 7.5 stones). The Amazon parcel arrived and it was wrong again - not impressed. Later my sister (our mary, or Minty as she is known) is visiting around the same time as my boss Val. Mary used to hit me when I was little, to be fair I deserved it all and probably more, its left me with a healthy respect for older women. She used to do this cunning trick where she would hold my wrist and slap my face with my hand, whilst shouting "stop hitting yourself." Any marks left bore the small boys handprint - I got my own back by refusing to go out when she was a teenager and had boyfriends round. Could the two things be linked. I love her now anyway even if she does look 10 years younger than me. As an aside my Mum (well known for malapropisms), has had a letter from the Salivation Army asking for help.

No comments: