Sunday, November 17, 2002

Sunday Morning

Bit of an update :- Paul and I got the bed sorted eventually - what a mess, I may well be writing to Mr Craftmatic to give him a piece of my mind. We got the nuts lined up and then the brackets to fit the sides on needed new holes drilling. Took us the best part of two hours. Good news the Tivo is fully working - I am impressed. I went out last night, Ally goes to the millennium school of dance, and last night was their Christmas show. Last year it went on to long, and drove me mad, it was in a community centre in Hough Green. This year it was in the Queens Hall Widnes, almost a proper theatre like with a balcony. I know the formula for these shows - the bit with your kid is great, the rest some what mediocre, I was a reluctant attendee but three pound paid I saddled up. I got dressed up too, shirt, tie and pants, I thought the casual gym look I have recently adopted was inappropriate. If I say so myself I looked fairly good. It was a pity the rest of the audience were wearing shell suits and jeans. Still the chance to wear work like clothes and feel how loose they were was good for me. We arrived ridiculously early (as always) and bagged a good seat. The night before the commitments were playing, I liked that film. Next big attraction is the panto starring b-list celebs from Brookie and Neighbours. The dance show was good, I am prevented from being negative by my censors Jean and Ally, I am not even allowed to criticise the audience. Ally was made up this morning when I told her that she was treading a stage where both the Beatles and Johnny Vegas had performed.
As an aside the anti-sickness package is still working I feel loads better.
Today well the gym, lunch at Ruth and Pauls, visit from my sister then a few drinks for them that can at Ruth and Toms. Somehow next week I will fit in a visit to a local church. I need to start going again regularly and need a place to join.

No comments: