Saturday, February 22, 2003

Saturday morning part one

York summary.
Most participative holiday I have had for ever. Got right involved and walked for ages (with crutch). Feeling stiff and sore now though. Cottage was great though the cold tap in the kitchen got stuck in the on position, and I had to turn the water on and off at the mains. York is a beautiful city and the area around is great, recommend it to anyone who hasn't been. Though I did suffer tweaks of nausea I didn't barf in anger. I had solid food and tried somethings...toasted teacake with butter, blueberry muffin, covent garden chicken soup,fruit strawberry,kiwi and melon. Spag bol, tagliatelle with ham and mushroom. Sorry it seems the gastroscopy eas a major success. I guess I am feeling now how most people feel 4 weeks post op. By then the majority stop barfing, trust me be to be in the 99th percentile of a normal distribution. Did I mention my statistics O level grade C. Thats the first time I have ever used it.
The holiday did make me realise how impaired my mobility had been, and how much it has improved. Also how much Jean and Ally have had to put up with and miss out on. No more of that I'm in and up for it all now. We got back at lunchtime as Ally had an appointment at the orthodontist, who proposes quite a bit of work. Whilst it will be traumatic, I am sure it will be worth it in the long run. Got back to hundreds of emails, most of it junk, but some good stuff and the wlsinfo is generating traffic.
Visited by Colin, Hannah and Jenny and spouted about how great the holiday was. Then off to town to see D off. He is in the TA and has been called up for the gulf. He seems fairly relaxed about it all, but it made me and several other people shiver. Watching all the crap on the telly about it is one thing but when its people that you know, going off to fight it gets very scary and real. I am well against the war, Bush is a lunatic and Blair is backed into a corner with him, and people like my mate will be lost as a consequence - a mixed bag of feeling. It was a good turnout, alot of old friends there, some very pleased to see me, a few people who didnt recognise me. One girl who was at school with Jean was really interested and made up I had had the op. I sat with Paul, who recently left my employ for a better job. He is a guardian reading left winger like my self (honest) I was relieved he felt the same stuff as me . Mad war, out to support our mate, and we'll have a party when he comes back, and I'll feel as uncomfortable as I did when the Falklands boys returned way back when. My daughter tells me Blue are bringing out an anti war song, haven't we got enough good ones already? MAybe we should send Blue in, that would force saddam into submission, and a lot more environmentally friendly than war.
I am still on the labour party email list despite ripping up my card over student fees at university, they sound out a missive any time tony needs help. He has spoken to some exiled Iraqis and they told him its right. I aint convinced. The other debate last night was who to vote for at the next election - bit of a worry that.
Got home and did a bit of surfing, and website maintenance with the aid of my wlsinfo mate Mick a cockney geezer from swansea. Jane another wls info mate has done a couple of book reviews so that will need posting today, well in Jane. So today, gym for me, haircut and dancing for Ally, girls going swimmin, pick my mum up from hospital and england vPakistan on the telly. Squeeze in some web stuff as well, my computer feels neglected.

No comments: