Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Tuesday in the wee small hours

Slept fitfully till lunchtime disturbed by Ally and Jean, both sent home of of URTI. Idled on the computer tried to work but felt rough. Watch out for the diarrhoea the dietitian said, you know this milky diet. Well it arrived today, kick a man when he is down or what. Flapping about going in to hospital big time. Had to drive to Royal Hospital to pick mum up, Nanny Banks has been admitted, well left on a trolley with suspected DVT and cellulitis. I had to drive Jeans car. People who know me in person will know I drive a bariatric car. A ford Galaxy people carrier. Jean drives a fiesta their dinkiest of cars, except for the KA. I felt like a jumbo jet pilot in a single seat propellor aircraft, and so close to the ground. All the rest of the traffic was big and scary especially the people carriers. Nanny is settled(on her trolley for a change), mum is settled, someone else is looking after Nanny.The girls sound rough, I am hovering near the toilet wondering which end of me will rebel first. Feeling weak.... Oh and going to work tomorrow at 10am alledgedly. Start the meeting without me I'll be in when I come round. I have to go though and doing some interviews with Sam, Didn't want to miss the team meeting though. Feel guilty after being so well for the party, and worried about what will go on in hospital. Funny how problems seem bigger in the wee small hours.

No comments: