Sunday, February 16, 2003

Sunday evening

Last nights parties - a game of two halves, first over to Irby on the Wirral For Simons 40th. Me driving the big red bus, Paul navigating and Ruth and Jean chillin in the back. Found it ok, funny place locked door, buzz for access only two guys on security. Women only allowed in the Lounge. Very cheap drinks though and the reception area is plastered with minor celebs publicity shots, very phoenix nights. No talking when artistes are on sign.Met David and Jill there him looking strangely young (40 next year I believe). Nuts in bowls on tables, I felt like a peanut, or rather a big bag of peanuts. The drinks was a funny thing I aint seen for years. The spirits came in miniature bottles which hold 2.5 measures. Even those who remember me in full on drinking mode will vouch that these are a surefire way to end up bevvied very quickly. Responsible for many lost nights in the Winwick Hospital social club where I spent my formative years. Angie, Si's wife showed her extensive blog knowledge by asking how my Nanny Banks is. SI's mum and dad where there too, Simon and his dad are living proof of genetics, more like clones than anything (Apologies if I just upset anyone, I meant it in a nice way). Buffet looked good, and met Gibbo and his wife, Gibbo used to be in the boys brigade with me and Si. I haven't seen him since I got married, you've put on wieght he said.
Left there and bombed back to Sefon Park Conservative club, (Conservative in name only, any political affiliation died out years ago). Entered through the main door to see the singer crooning away, oh no Phoenix nights again. This was Marvin Maggots party aka John the youngest son of Hazel and Dave, fine old friends. Quite a few people who haven't seen me since the op so a few double takes and I was even ignored by two people who obviously didnt recognise me. Sat with Ruth ruth paul jean tommy phil and alan. They all got off fairly early but Jean and I stayed a while. Had a dance and a few glasses of redwine, and three bottles of water. nice buffet there too. I had some milk.
Got up late and went to see Nanny Banks in the Royal. She is sharing a room with three confused ladies and two other in full possession of faculties. The confused people were wandering round interfering looking physically sstrong. The people with their faculties were all frail.and mostly chairbound. Nanny was distressed, the confusion gets worse at night and she wants out. I went to have a chat to the ward sister about her. She is waiting for a doppler test, but they can do it as an outpatient, what about home they said, well the house is a death trap, she should be in residential care but wont go. She has reluctantly agreed to stay till tomoorow and see a doc, and increasse her care package to include an evening visit. Mum looked iller than Nanny and we should have too kNanny home and left mum in her place.
Picked my car up on way home and called at new bookstore in Speke, cant remember the name? Big place very impressed, and a starbucks in there too, got some american computer magazines, kewl. Lobster and prawn crepes for tea yum yum.

No comments: