Saturday, November 15, 2003

who says I am predictable

Saturday Morning – a change from the usual routine. The girls seem content to lie in, I rise from my slumbers about 7.30. Site is kewl and a bit of a mooch later and the girls get up. Becky from NGFK the pr darrrlings has forwarded my press pack on.
Fo a break in tradition I declare it necessary to hit the gym before noon. In a new found enthusiasm I am determined to get my full routine in. It’s a while since I managed this so it proves to be interesting. Perhaps it would be timely to list the current workout.

30minutes on the treadmill, go like billy-oh to do 3k which I achieve in a PB 26.50.
12 mins on the top xt a device you pedal with your hands.
12 mins on the bike 5k covered.
Machine you sit in and lift a bar with your legs 2x15 sets 35kg
Machine you sit in and push a bar with your legs 2x15 sets 35kg
2x15 sets of free standing squats, I perform a squat holding two dumbbells and hold. This is cunningly designed for max humiliation also to make you feel like you need a pooh.
Then its on to the lat pull down 2x15 – my favourite machine always makes me feel like I can lift weights.
2 x 15 on a machine you push a bar forward
2x15 on the vertical row – like that one.
2x15 on the pec deck – that hurts.
2x15 on the triceps press.
Then its down to the end of the gym for my benchwork – see I even know the lingo.
2x15 6kg arms at the side then straight out and hold
2x15 8kg arms at side then lift and hold directly in front of you
2x15 8kg sort of dumbbell lift – my fave coz you can see the muscle.
A good time on the way round talking to jimmy, ex-soldier and tennis champeen. And Kath part time gym worker part time learning disabilities student. She’s a cool dude.
Lunch in the restaurant, is tomato and basil soup and six griddled prawns – good stuff.
Then back home and whip Ally to Borders for a read – it is the busiest I have ever seen it. Saw Shirley who used to work in the team she is a Ggrade on the IV team at Garston now.

No comments: