Monday, November 17, 2003

Welcome To Fire Appliances UK

Welcome To Fire Appliances UK This is a cracker the poor webmasters photos are all mixed up as well and I like the captioning.."This is a Special Rescue Unit (SRU) or also known as an Operations
Support Unit (OSU) from Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Service. It carries some
large and heavy rescue equipment. It has a large hydraulic crane on the rear which
can be used for a number of uses (use your imagination!)
It is a Mercedes Benz appliance. "
Use your imagination .....these pictures send my imagination running. Before the reader thinks I am a sad also ran who fantasises about being in the emrgency services - I was a retained firefighter for over three years. Its a long amusing story which I have recounted after good dinners. The trauma has subsided with time but Winwick Hospital Voluntary Fire Brigade was a serious business.
I attended hundreds of false alarms some serious waste paper bin fires and a couple of big shouts. but though we were trumptonesque in appearance and deployment. We got to ride in the county boys big red engines with what is now called Blues and Twos - and I defy most blokes to say they dont fancy doin that.

No comments: