Friday, November 14, 2003

Thursday

couple of catch up meetings. Veronica confides that she uses the blog to keep up with what I am up to. Then off to Hammy for a meet with EMIS.
Over the waater to the wirral and head for the M6 arrrive telford about 6.30. The telford branch of The holiday inn. top gaff free slippers and a lady calls to turn you down (bed actually) but as i is starkers she makes do with passing me two chocs as I pour meself into the dressing gown. Dignity maintained at all times. Then a walk over to the conference venue.
Meet the delightful Dawn ans her partner Paul top pair and they inform me I am on the top table cool. Sit next to paul a cool dude ex RAF energetic geezer, with a raft of good ideas. Angry old git though so we get on well, till he tells me he used to drink at the marquee with Yes. We take a few tinctures together and are soon old friends. Other side of me is Brian RCN events man - top fella. Feel a bit out of it when the dancin starts and paul and i retreat to the bar. True old gits we sit at the side moaning about everything a soul mate. I convince him of the therapeutic nature of blogging. Back to the hotel bar where we are joined later by Dawn, they retreat to bed I aint far behind. Minor incident in that I couldnt get in to me room but soon sorted.

No comments: