Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Tuesday - chemical hangover

Assessing the quality and quantity of your own sleep is notioriously difficult, what seems like an age at night might just be moments. I remember early morning wakening from when I was depressed and I aint got that. Jean wisely as ever sums it up with - you didnt switch the light on, meaning I didnt do that bad. Inevitably at times like that I turn to man fiction, Andy Mcnab, chris Ryan, Tom Clancy that sort of genre. Escapism done large, no great literary shakes but diversion in extremis. Worrying vibes about the cost of the November meet, once again WLSINFO teeters on the financial knifeedge though hoping that Rebeccas letters will bear fruit, she wisely tells me not to worry as she will sort it out, which once again means one of us shelling out cash till we can recover it later. What we need is a member to touch the jackpot on the lottery or whatever its called. Set us up for life and sort these petty worries. Had an interesting talk with a geezer at the gastro gig last week. He couldnt believe it wasnt a suscription service. I decided day one it would forever be free while I was involved. The obese have already been mugged too many times by scamsters. Besides I know we have helped many people who have never even joined. People say even a tenner, well I know how much a tenner can be, and how little when you are well off. I have also been touched by the generosity of members and friends in the past.
Sponsorship now there is a can of worms, there is internecine strife about whose shillings we should take, me at the mo - anyones, so long as its legal decent honest and minimal sponsorship. The thought that some one would miss out on something coz I was too principled to take a ton off say slimfast or Macdonalds sticks in the craw. So plan, charity status to be sorted and Kim my mate who has experience in such professional scrounging will help sort us.

No comments: