Monday, November 17, 2003

Saturday Night strange nightmare stuff

Go to pick me mam up. Nanny looks shocking and I am worried. She fell asleep on the stairlift and woke up a 4am. Mum looks dreaful toand her stools indicate further liver probs. Stop at Sommerfielsd then off to Tesco.
It is the Winwick hospital staff reunion at the Winwick club. I pick Mickey and adair up and we wander that way. Car park is full club is full. The 12 saturday night regulars aint impressed.
It appears to have been organised by Terry Flaherty who was a young nursing officer when I started there in 1979. I am one of the youngest there it would appear. Some names to conjure with Dot Dicks doesnt recognise me - till I speak. Infact no one recognises me. Wally Gomersall Dave McKendrick malcolm price pat price Rocky McAuley brenda henderson Frank carroll
Nell gwynne, pam someone and Jackie Maguire. Jackie and I were an Item many years ago - she aint seen me for 20odd years she thought I looked ill. She should have seen me a year ago. I take Mickey home and leave adair pressing the flesh he is a few years older than us.
get home and chill with some red wine watching the repeated BAFTA tribute to Billy Connolly.

No comments: