Saturday, September 18, 2004

Went the day well

Support group at greenbank, family day. Went well I think.
A review
A good day had by all here.
Started at about 11 shifting furniture.
We were blessed with the weather and it was pleasant enough to sit out.
Teen got most of the people there.
Linda and her hubby and the dogs, Ute, Ada Avril Genevivie and family. All in all I think we had about 40 there during the day. Including two kids about 6 who nobody knew ut they both got a prize in the raffle.
We hadnt planned on food as the NW cash flow was tight when we booked. We were blessed with another donation from CJ medical supplies so Jenfeet and I took the exec decision of ordering a buffet for 30 at the daft price of 2.50.
He provided salads pasta cous cous prawns leek and potato bake cauliflower cheese pitta bread and lots of stuff - couldnt see how he managed it at the price to be honest.
It was great to see old and new faces, meet site people and share a bit of good company.
Jk was the star turn and rebecca will be pleased to know the leather she passed on to me has gone to him.
Thanks to hil for drawing the tickets.
Mary Jean and others for sorting the clothes. We gave the best to East Midlands and Scotlandand took the rest to an outlet that resells em exports to third world countries or recycles them if unsuitable. Will post more about the evening and the bbreakfast problems later.
Part 2
Rebecca had spent a good wodge a mans leather coat preop when I got it last October it was a top fit on me and it was summat id always wanted. It is swimming on me now and JK had always had his beady eye on it. It makes a change from his usual uncle fester coat. Reckon once he gets his hernia sorted it'll look tops.
Anyway after five we sat in the bar restaurant and chilled, the residents, chris auds, Vineeta, babs, linds, gwen david glen and carol plus the tullochs and the wrights all chilled, ate food. And had a hearty laff. We talked a bit about wls but mostly about life.
Late on and heavily inflenced by Newcy Brown I thought what a godd day I have had, and what good friends I have made. We sat round the table with a warm sharing feeling. Then in the wind there was a familiar whiff a malabsorber had felt so relaxed they could release the chuff gas.
Jean kicked me under the table and glared accusingly, it did smile like one of mine but I know when I pass gas - and tis time rare I know I was innocent.
Time stood still people noticed I announced the crime and declared my innocence hoping to flush out the perpetrator.
Suddenly the restaurant went quiet I was lookin for a hint of redness an indicator an ounce of shame and remorse.
Across the table a wry mystical smile revelead the culprit. Vineeta you are a star I shook her hand and said the blessing Good A**e that we use in these parts. Well done lady - I was proud.
And to round the night off we saw a rabbit and a fox on the way home.


No comments: