Friday, September 17, 2004

Friday

The broadgreen site is reminiscent of the scottish parliament and I don't mean designed by a foreign geezer. Its gruesome bulldozers and YMCA style hard hats abound. In to the lexandra wing (someone has nicked the A). I don't know about you but I am dubious about buildins with levels. Level 1 what's wrong ground floor. I have kim and her sis investigating travel options for the national obesity forum gig. David Kerrigan and I are doing a doube act he does the surgeons approach then I follow it up with living with it. Will also rant on about the charidee and what we about. Its a good gig and I am looking forward to it. We are through to the finals of the excellence in primary care award. Which is an achievment as we don't meet the criteria. Last year they gave us a special recognition award which was very nice indeed.
So here I am sat with mum at the out patients clinic of mr pyatt who I deduce is a cardiologist, but long since learnt that assumptions are dangerous as far as me mas medical care is concerned.
Tis boring but necessary. Val Vernon is coming to see me at 11.30 hopefully for a return to work interview.
A young and moribund looking registrar concludes me mum needs pacing - explains the procedure well in my book. Risks explained well (completely over mums head). Informed consent should be a lark - should I have one Ken - they wouldnt offer it if I didnt need it would they.
Too right mate.
Stop in WRVS canteen thing for brew and a slice of toast - the constipation theme has continued. When did the WRVS go mega corporate what happened to Doris and a big pot. Its all automated douwe egbert whatever.
Still nice old gent buttering the toast I can do that when I retire.
Val visits and it goes very well. She is a good soul and SLPCT have been very supportive to this sick boy. Phased return starts gradually 27/09 - Back to full time in November. Cool. Using quite a few days leave in the meantime too.

No comments: