Saturday, September 04, 2004

Friday night report

Beas 80th boirthday dinner and its off to the best western alicia. A hotel past its best (western or otherwise) near sefton park. To be fair to them given the price it was mediocre. I had a vegetable soup, salmon in a chive butter and a toothsome lemon cake, almost delicious. We adjourned to the bar where I stood with my nephew symbol (the nephew formally known as matthew) now matt, matty, or mate anything but matthew. He had never seen peppermin cordial so I saw it as my avuncular duty to introduce him to the old man delights of rum and pep. He drinks like a fish - Colin took a malt or two but I mostly refrained. Shorts are a bit of a no-no for me. I did have a bacardi and coke for a 70's moment. Get home late but had a laff.
Woke up saturday and tried to sort stuff in the house. Tesco shop arrives and I nip to the top for the things I forgot to order. Than I nip to the greengrocer for some mushrooms and spend 25 quid flowers and order fruit basket for d/n's. Nice bacon (grilled) and mushrooms for dinner. Spoke to jk which is always a pleasure goin out for a pint with him monday night.
Messin about in the afternoon when I notice vineeta has posted congrats to me on my 2 year anniversary of surgery. About to post and tell her what a daft bat she is. When I realise she is of course right. As usual I am wrong all week I have believed it was tomorrow. Dunderhead for sure. Poop planned epic meaningful posts. Off to mums via otterspool tip. Mary and jon there. Then running late and off to speke. Oh dear comet and currys are closed the desired hoover bags are not to be. So retire to borders.

No comments: