Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Back in the saddle

Dawn comes too quick I am whacked - get up at 6.15 and though it seems early it is about right if I am to make an appearance at the required hour.
I manage despite 2 false starts. Anxiety focusses in the colon these days.
In to the new office that I am to share with Dave - nice guy who I get to know. He too is deaf and we are in there as the Matchworks is such a noisy environment. Majorly clearing up emails.
So email - what a delight 30 or so about the tea and coffee, 20 or so round coffee money, parkin, collections, nights out, all cc'd in to the world and his dog.
Makes me larf. 1200 unread jobbies in the inbox. I wonder how many of em are really required - notification of meetings from three months ago - dont folks know how to expire em.
Our weekly jobs bulletin - surely thats ripe for expiration after 2 weeks.
Once more my best lessons about anything emerge from an end users perspective. HSJ - they right to me too often. Embryos called darren offering me training at unrepeatable prices ( repeated week after week). Auto generated emails - theres an abomination. The the thing that tells me everytime someone farts in the LIS office - actually informs me when some puts up on their website that they have passed chuff gas.
The Bob the serially forwarder - gone now and his added expletive element to to the NPfIT - will be missed.
Then the kind geezers who removed me from their circ lists - saving me work but now I am wondering what I missed. I somehow scramble to the end of the morning. Pleased to see the door still aint working. Still not sure where to park and now I have to learn a combination as I work in a safe have a google to discover the definition for you good reader takes me what was the inappropriate use of FOI fora A helpful explanation here. Off out for lunch with Kim in her low slung driven by a woman possesed too fast car.
Need sustenance after my mornin. make a bad choice (diet wise) but toothsome veg and steak and kidley pudd. The Bear and Staff fails to come up with any comedy and the food is good. We have a laff. I realise work must be a richer place for my scintillating wit. Loads of new people in the works but some good old familiar faces too - AGM I couldnt make it. Then its off to me mams - then CMS then home. Me mate Vin is opening herself to NHS care. Hope it all goes well. Back home spag bog for tea and chillin. Play Linux and rebuild pc's deep joy. firefox is the dogs. Also plan to install This on me linux box on pete colmans suggestion. Me linux guru and husband to jane.

No comments: