Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Wednesday off to court

Don't worry poor reader - I haven't been arrested by the diatribe police yet. Nope its the day to go and sort the probate. Needs to be an in person gig. Deep joy. Up before dawn (well 8.30) and bussed into town by Jean a convivial young man sorts us out. We read statement sign swear on the testament and shebang. 135 quid stuffs in post. Intrigued by the notice on the toilet door. "Wil the person who keeps spitting on the floor, pease refrain. " keeps implies to me its a regular event. Not good, and this as the signs keep reminding me is an office of the supreme court. Supreme court - I didn't know we had one. Mebbe we been annexed by George dubya in the night. How would I know, would they interrupt time time on discovery to tell me. Well here I sit gathering rays. Well after court went to M and S had a coffee water and pecan yum yum thing. Saw 3 people I knew who didn't recognise me so I didn't let on. Got a few things in food bit then back home. Chillling now after prawns and smoked salmon. Scrogged may need a kip. DN due at 2.30 must not leave it too late today.
One dn had been and left a message on the answerphone - meanwhile debbie arrives at 2.30. Never mind. In the middle of all this news that in my absence the website WLSinfo has achieved 1000 members. Completely chuffed.
In the afternoon my new bit of wirelss kit arrived the snappily named Turbo multifunction device which is a truly marvellous piece of kit. Combine it with the Comuter shopper best buy and you are away - potentially. As I eagerly rip open my products I realise I have boo boo'ed big time - or have simply. Nope they sent what I ordered. What I should have ordered was USR 8054 not 5450 OK they look similar cost the same but aint I am wrong and Jean will kill me. Consider the options - burying the evidence -and telling porkies aint good at that. Decide to cough up.Later that night she tells me I am a muttonhead and allows me to order the right gizmo.
Top stuff. Mere words dont express how fed up I am about it.

No comments: