Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I enter the world of call centre confidential

Start making a few calls trying to sort out Nannies affairs. BT are very good. Pearl Assurance were cool, Liverpool Direct were funky. Then I rang some number at the regeneration dept of the council about a bill for 21 quid. Answered by a nice young lady who tells me that there is nobody available from the department concerned. They are in a "workshop", she doesnt work for the council and is just squatting at a desk. I giggle.
British gas were pooh, man promised to call back but didnt. Very uninspiring, despite the Jim Royle adverts on telly. Jean is gardening and I join her outside for a while but I am concious of sunburn. Come in to the house and lie on the bed relaxing. Don't get a nap but chill out.
Surface to tesco cottage shepherds pie thing, then its off to speke. Jean needs some gardening gear. Ally and I skulk in Borders. Back via Nannas. Then to tesco. I was looking for some guinness on the its good for you theory. But I settle for fo some Murphys, and enjoy two later. we watch BBC 4 - how strange is that. Good show though Despite Dans Luvvie nature sowed bits I aint seen before - very good.

No comments: