Tuesday, June 01, 2004

The Ash Bash

District Nurse Debbie running a bit late for us but she gets there.We are at the edge of the patch. I get into my day clothes with surprising ease despite swollen tum. Ally decides to join us at the last minute. Get to mums and they are all there. Pat, Ronnie, Betty mums siblings and Uncle john, husband of Betty.
5 mins to crem from mums and off into Book of remembrance room where I ring apointments only bell. Nice gent donning jackets comes round from outside to greet me. I'll just move my spade to plot 12 Sir. The family move up to plot 12 and we ascertain the spot. He digs a hole abot 9" deep. We are joined by Jimmy the nicotine stained but top flight undertaker.The crem man has a chrome ash can, "would a member of the family like to deposit the ashes" surprisingly Ronnie offers to. Jean steps forward with a prayer and the jobs a good un.
Into the remembrance book room where we agree to get one done for Nannie. Then off to the pub in the park next door to the crem. A millers kitchen a traumatic experience to say the least. i am too tired to blog it at the minute . Mebbe later - who knows.
Tried to kip and couldn't. Too much trauma at the pub in the park.
Listening to my mum and her two sisters telling each other how to do everyting for two hours was two much. The food was poor, and the service provided by saturday workers who I felt sorry for, was worse. It was without doubt one of the worst meals I have had out in a while. Still everyone pretended it was fine fayre. For the record I hit lasagne and sorbet. Mum stood the cost of ours so no room to moan would be the best comment. Mum sent back her chicken in a way only my mum can which completely nonplussed this 16 year old. Thats why no one ever wants to take me out she said. Hmmm mum aint never learnt just to accept it. Or complain quietly.
At teatime i have tagliatelle. Which is ironic - how? The nurse said this mornin this dirty aquacell is enough to put you off tagliatelle isn't it. Strangely no - and for the record aquacell is wider than tagliatelle.
[Now playing: All Right Now - Free - Classic Rock Live (05:33)]

[Now playing: Valentine Moon - Sam Brown - Jools Holland, his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra and Friends - Small World Big Band (04:02)]

Have I mentioned we have tickets for Jools - 1st July? Hope I am up to bopping.
[Now playing: I'm On Fire - Springsteen, Bruce - Born In The U.S.A. (02:42)]

Its rocking now.....
[Now playing: The Commitments - 01 - Mustang Sally - - (04:02)]
Cant you tell the girls are out - volume up loud deaf old git strikes again. People find it hard to believe I am an old rocker at heart...especially my daughter.
[Now playing: Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak - - (03:59)]
Me and Mickey Brown saw Lizzy live at the empire in 80 or 81 - top gig.
[Now playing: Radio Radio - Elvis Costello - The Very Best of Elvis Costello & The Attractions (03:08)]
Not exactly rock but rockin and Declan is a good tunesmith too. Bad legs though.
[Now playing: Black Dog - Led Zeppelin -]

[Now playing: Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Dancin' In The Street - - (02:43)]

[Now playing: My Brother Jake - Free - Ultimate Rock 2 - Disc 1 (02:56)]

[Now playing: Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Tha - Guy Lombardo - (03:20)]

[Now playing: Ride the Tiger / Jefferson Sta - Various Artists - Harley Davidson Road Songs (Di (05:09)]

They better get in soon I am getting very sad here.

No comments: