Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Monday AM

Start the day at the works Janet is back from the sick. Sam needs a word so I drop her at CPA. My 11.30 venue is uncertain so I wander till 3 mins past 11. Janet announces its at 3TC and its about N3. Well that's clear then. N3 is the upgrade to NHS net and it means bigger pipes. The expert tells us the first wave will be known as wave one. Top stuff. I learn about voice/data convergence though it would seem I am something of an expert. One keeps making a noise like a whelp pronounced VOYP!VOYP! I later learned it stood for voice over internet protocol. Acronyms bastion of the lazy which is why they appeal to me. Everyone keeps saying a new word NOVATION nobody seems unsure but I don't know what it means. I look the verb up in a dictionary but it isn't there. DOH!
I then work from home and after 5 our new TV andvideo monseter pack has arrived. Good stuff. Monday night as ever is moderators meeting on WLSINFO and times ait the best. I begin to realise the fatigue that we all feel putting so much effort into the place.

No comments: