Tuesday, January 20, 2004

I'm a firestarter - eventually.

Working from home - yup we have a shower, but it dont appeal at the mo. Going thro the famous always want what we cant have mode and mind fixates on baths. Get quite a bit done though there are problems with an install with westspeke. I work in the cold till 2.30 when during a call to andy the accountant I am overtaken with a brainwave - cold hmm bonfire. A tad impractical given they are outside and its raining. Whays like a bonfire doh whats that thing in the living room called a coal fire - thinks...we could light that - result. Tesco here I come firelighters sorted. Garage coal sorted no logs. And then leave garage without coal dum dum go back to garage. Which in itself is a problem have you tried using a drive in facility without driving in. It may shock you to learn they aint designed for such activity. Where will I get logs - ah lightbulb moment - the chandlers Allerton road. I enter a car park space good sign. An aladdins cave of fire starters goodies. I overdose with a new poker (2.99) shovel (1.25) and logs drink long at this fountain of pleasure. they have combination sets, coal savers scuttles and even cheap firelighter. Will this pleasure never cease. And another good omen Beef lasagne (finest) has returned to Tesco. Thus armed I head home and Ray Mears meets caveman and start poking away. All basic Mavlovian stuff sorted the women of the tribe arrive in Ihave skinned the kill and prepared it (prawn curry) and the rest of the night grunt occaisionally. Nowt new there then. Ally and I alternate between living room and uptsairs. I keep on having to poke add coal etc but hey thats fun. JK is gonna look at the heating tomorrow - he is tired today and all looks well. Mods meeting online goes well. Natter with julie late on. Reduce sedatives at night and poorer nights sleep as a result but less hungover.

No comments: