Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I write to satisfy my muse

Which is is a quote from an Alan Partridge, the radio shows of which remain one of my fave ever things. Like Dead Ringers it should have stayed on the wireless, much better. Anyway I penned a piece over christmas and sent it off to the Nursing Standard - it looks like they are gonna publish it - cool. It is about being ill, which I apprear to be very good at. Started the day with a plan of gym and lunch at Greenbank but spend till 3pm waiting for a phone call from Glaxo Centre where we hold our Weight Loss Surgery Support Group. Consequently nowt physical gets done but several outstading techie bits on the PC get sorted. Tal to plenty of people on the phone or MSN notably Rebecca and Nell. Amazing how little I have managed to do whilst I have been off - swimming in concrete thoughfor most of November and December. Still looking back I feel I am on solid ground and as Labour famously said Things Can only get Better.
Phone call from Frank then the girls arrive in tea, sort of pasta ready thing, I add more meat and chuck past away. Off to Beas where we plan an excursion for Saturday to see Return of the King at a local cinema.
A cautionary note about being mentioned in the blog - the rule of paradoxical intent:-
Complain about being mentioned and you will be mentioned more and more - tell me something that shouldn't go in here and....
Complain about not being mentioned and well you wont be....So there you go mystery person you got a mention sort of, but no names.
Of course what doesnt go in the blog is of course sometimes more interesting. Things about confidentiality, losing friends, family or job, though at times these boundaries have been stretched.

No comments: