Saturday, January 24, 2004

Friday morning - things can only get better.

Or can they. The launderette is open and bad news the washing aint there. Livers minimalist staffing policy means Dot Cotton has been replacd by a CCTV and a computer. I am in semi slumber but the emerging panic scares me from my semi-comatose state. Uniform policy at St Hildas is slightly to the right of the Coldstream guards. After securing a letter from Rowan and verbal permish from the school sec Ally proceeds thro the hallowed portals in a black skirt. The secs first advice on hearing Jeans tale of woe was to ask if Jean had another school skirt. Yes of course, just ringing to check that would be OK....... why do people do that. Having said that the first rule of IT support is tpo state the obvious.
Anyway they are off and I am up. I start sorting stuff out and generally getting my act together.
Emails and such contact with the works and a deal to chill in the library brokered by blog with Kieran. We aint talked rent or nowt but we can sort it I am sure. Finance people will need to be involved and EOS orders raised. Or I can buy a jar of coffee and some doughnuts/bananas.
I ring the Liver Launderette and the peripatetic Dot Cotton will be in residence between 1 and 3. I wander to see her. Success and Jean wasn't the only fly tipper and I have to perform a laundry identity parade I fortunately recognise one of my shirts so result. Dot had neatly folded them too. Result, good job there was at least some of my own gear there, as i thought Allys school skirt was purple, not navy blue. Johnnie Macca calls to catch up.
More email and phone calls. Then pick up coal from new friends the chandlers on Allerton Road, as well as a grate thing(which I have wanted for years) and an ash tray. Round the deal off with some kindling and a bar of fruit and nut and I am sorted.
Then its off to meet Mickey at the Ship and Mitre good company as ever the lad dissapointing to hear that he and Jane wont be at the doo. Having said that weather and my inability to sort invitations may conspire to mean hardly any show. Well there'll be a few I am sure.
Terry joins us and as usual the ale Roosters Hooligan is a delicious pale bitter. They are out of Jever fun so I end up with an Erdinger wheat beer alcoholfrei as they say. Wheatbeer aint good looks like infected wee and don't taste much better. A very attractive pump the real McCoy is pulled from. Then back home via somerfield for essentials and home for a quick lasagne. Then its girls to a) school disco after picking up her mates and then Blundell Street for Jean. Me on the way home at 8.18 I remember I am hosting a live Roux-en-Y chat at 8.30 I fly up the stairs speak to Audrey from Scotland and she sorts things while I go downstairs and play firestarter. Starts on time and good chat. Went well. Real fire late night.

No comments: