Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Monday a big day.

Went to see My surgeon Mr Kerrigan today. Clinic 3 Walton OPD. 16 months one day post op open Roux-en-Y.
The everpresent Gail (nursing asst)weighed me. Weighing in at 17 8lb I guess 5 kilos less than last time I was here. According to the stats
BMI down from 64 to 33 80% of excess gone. Have to say weight isn't the issue it was. I have been down as low as 16st 11lb according to the gym scales. but hey who is counting.
guts fine weight loss good - mental health discussed and how it relates to bypass. Bowels fine - fat does the job - dumping discussed -aint an issue. Diet fine - loosened up over christmas, exercise excellent.
Taking zinc, B1 Multivitamins and Zoton.
Blood tests reviewed from last time feritin consistently low which may point to low iron stores.
Blood tests ordered.
Liver profile.
Bone profile
Full Blood Count
Iron studies
B12 Magnesium Zinc Vit D
Phlebotomist remembered me from last time - she has been on the site looking at pics says it great to see people shrinking.
Coffee and bics in the WRVS.
Result
Then off home for a brief brew and onto the matchworks to meet with Caroline from HR and Val. The presence of Kim whilst I am waiting helps me relax though I feel very anxious. Very productive result being that I start a phased return next week. I meet Derek who is Chief Exec from Central PCT he hasn't seen me for a while and doesnt recognise me, not surprising really. Off home and feel quite buoyant and upbeat. Thats a new feeling.


No comments: