Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Tuesday

Rearranged the week - should be off but the search for robust information and the dependency on me to provide mean otherwise. Work today off wednesday in thursday off friday. I see myself as the light infantry of the informatics world and flexibility is key. Spend a frustrating morning not getting far but tell a lot of people I have broken the twenty stone barrier. Go for lunch at the Greenbank which is good. Mousaaka, which I had never eaten before, Kim and I put several aspects of the world to rights and I return to the matchworks refreshed. Arrive home and see the girls poached salmon and cauliflower cheese for tea. A small chill out then off to see Mother in the Royal.
Where is she up:- difficult question
Liver biopsy - by jugular approach, Friday, drainage of ascites, sometimes right leg still swollen , daily blood tests, more scan activity. Basically not much further on. She looks better and not as tired. Worried about dog and getting stuck in hospital. All the patients that she had become friendly with have now moved on or home. Some sick looking geezers in there at the minute.Confidentiality prevents discussion here.
The thought of impending guilt about not visiting Nanny Banks looms but dissapears thankfully quickly. Speak to sister have a bit of an online meeting with Nell and Teen from wlsinfo. The weekend away has impacted on us all emotionally.Helping Nell to set up a blog which reminds me - Gail Campbell oh super girl o SLPCT email us summaries of any communications for Sandra B and I'll post them up in the appropriate place.

No comments: