Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Manic Monday (not)

Start the day with a visit to the matchworks before bombing up the M57 to Aintree hospital. Need to see the Occ Health Physician. Doc Hibbert is he off the simpsons? Top geezer. Knows what a Roux en Y is - incredible listens to me, asks me what I think? Is he a doc, Interested in mental health aspects of life, my perspective as a manager, and me as person. He clearly cannot be allowed to continue I feel sure he will be dissapeared. He seems to me to be what improving working lives is all about. Read the blurb here. It was something that happened when I was off and seems long on talk short on action. To be fair my old mate Elaine B top geezer in HR did a sound talk about it last week. I realise that my skills as a manager managing sick peoples return to work need updating. The doc thinks it is way to soon to consider me bipolar but suggests my return to work should be more phased - cool by me. Pop in to Westmoreland a GP practice in the grounds of Aintree where the District Nurse project I used to work on was born See I am famous people are astounded by my appearance.
Then over, in my own time to see a patient on the Sefton suite who had the same op as me on Wednesday. She lives on the Isle of Man and Feels a bit alone. She aint got the internet and I tell her she can write to me.
Back to matchworks grab a bite of lunch purchased from Aintree Hospitals canteen, lunch talking to Olive deeply sound character and Michelle who grew up in South Africa during the changes, she hadn't that Walter Sisulu had died. The British press coverage was poor. Popped into the Clinical Governance meeting run by Maurice. Top Geezer.
Off to Rathbone and begin to understand the mysteries of Delphi.
Then Off to the gym and guess what i have broken the twenty stone barrier. thats 14 stone off. Wow and thanks to all.

No comments: