Friday, May 16, 2003

Thursday more whirling, Tai chi with swords

Started off well, good interview, cabinet taking another bashing on today, Naughtie v John Reid I believe most enjoyable. Met Ann Molton queen of chiropody in the Matchworks, she was interviewing, Ann and I met in maghull and worked well together. She was overwhelmed by my appearance. Up to the desk and down to business. Informal chat with Andy a GP chair of the PEC (Professional Executive Committee). Then met Kim a new accountant type dude who sits next to me, talk about hidden depth what a star, we got on real good. Had a meeting in Starbucks over the road, or matchworks 2 as I prefer to call it.
Off to the Royal to see Mother and then Doctor at 12. No news basically the jury is still out. Liver function Tests still goosed and ECG not right. They dont know but they are continuing to dig, she missed the liver biopsy due to a communication cock up, but a complicated organism like the Royal must have them all the time. Fairly relaxed about that looks like it will be a week. Cool doc very good manner and open approach, told mum who was cheesed off they keep in her in. Went to the Glaxo centre for the disabled workers networker thing, not sure what it was about and I am part of it. Bit patronising in parts, but us disabled folk have well patted heads (not). Steve Marsh worth amention at this point, geezer who advises (not patronises) top bloke, organising Laurence Clarks read his work here stag night. Doubt I'll be going as it is in Amsterdam.
Call in at Bridge chapel on the way back to the matchworks as I am a great supporter of "events" I organise a lot and it is pooh if noone turns up. There is Tai chi with swords, I nearly get skewered, new deal, hope uni, library Kieran unison, chd and some other bits. The CHD had a stall with 5lb of fat on it. What a cool thing. I want some.It was a plastic model but very interesting. Congrats about the support group keep coming in what a good meeting.
Back to the matchworks and sort a few basics for people. Good feeling.
off home arrive early, nice tea with weird veg, chill a bit phonecalls then off to hospital. Jean drops me there, see mum then go out on the razzz. Taxi into town, then meet the curry club confidentiality and common decency prevents me discussing the details but a couple of pints (nearly I couldn't finish em) a glass of red two paapadums , a piece of chicken tikka good laffs and a few hours later I arrive home.

No comments: