Saturday, May 17, 2003

Friday wake up late and pushing everything back

The new me doesn't oversleep. Me and Jean have discussed whether or not I had undiagnosed sleep apnoea before the op. Since my full recovery I like to be up with the lark and enjoying the day. When we wake up late it is not good. Wander into work late. Fortunateley my current workload affords flexibility, and the project I am working on with my finance buddy Kim means my planned half day can be fairly flexible. Arrive at the matchworks via tesco and talk to a few people. Tescos irritates me as someone hoping to graduate from bluebadge ownership the attitude of the general public (and supermarket management) to accessible parking irritates the life out of me. (Disabled parking and orange badge are so out as terms). One thing I have learnt is not to make judgements. People with mobility impairments and other blue badge holders can look remarkably OK. They can for instance be transporting someone else. In theory porsche 911's are available under the Motability scheme but I am yet to see one. The spaces are wide and it is wet. People dont want their heavy Guardians getting wet, so lets cut them a bit of slack and not get annoyed when they park across two accessible spaces. Its better for me at the minute but at my worst 10metres without stopping was my limit. Gits, I saw a badge today in Tesco it said "You have my space, do you want my disability?" I might buy some for distribution. Just think on and look.
Great day at work we sort out the network our multithousand pound system has crashed on four desks, one of which is mine (not good), its been pooh all week the irrepressible George replaces a 15quid box and its peachy. Me and kim work well together and eventually make heaps of progress. Moves are afoot in the Matchworks I am moving over to the West wing. Just when I got comfy in the east. Good lunch kept down. Olive our deep housekeep is again a constant souce of surprise and amazement. More system games in the afternoon and Kim and I are caught chuckling out loud. I feel certain there will be complaints. Off home at just after 4 and relax, fish for tea, out to mother in laws mess with computers and watch Jonty Ross and Jools Holland, Have I got news for you makes me wet. Some very un PC gags about the obese, which appeal to the dark side of my comic stance in a league of gentlemen way. Paul Merton is hypomanic but makes me laff.
Busy weekend WLSINFO moderators planning time in darkest Notts better go.

No comments: