Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Wednesday Evening

Colin came round last night and we attempted to sort out our summer holiday. Me Jean Ally, Colin, Jenny and Hannah. Found a cool looking place on Brittany Ferries site near the coast. Ferry is proving difficult though. Cricket club is available for the 31st though , in a different room - should be a bit more atmospheric (smaller). Must confirm that tonight. If you are reading this and think you should have been invited then let me know by phone or email and I'll sort it.
Today started early 8.15 abluted then dashed to the doctors before brekkie. Saw Frank, top man as ever says I look good but trying to do too much. Then end up feeling guilty when I dont do enough. Sorted me out with some diazepam for my back. He thinks excess bruising caused by lack of vitamin C. Sicknoted and topped up with scripts and I'm off. Matchworks for brekkie where I forced down a choccy build up and my tablets. Felt drowsy and sick most of the morning. Took the rise out of Ali and Andrea who share a table with me - sound characters.Was not match fit at all, left about 2.45 and retreated to bed after booking a holiday. Slept soundly till 5.15, woke up feeling ropey but after a groggy spell felt better than I have since the op. I ducked out of going to a conference today, but Frank said I am trying to do too much, and I dont think I would have been fit anyway.

No comments: